Tuesday, December 11, 2007

House Lights, Week 5, Post B

Dear Miss Beatrice Fisher-Hart,
I can’t believe how your life is so full of opportunity and adventure, yet how distanced you are from your mother and father! Honestly, I don’t know what I would do without the support of my mother and father because they help me with so many things. But somehow, you are able to persevere through the difficult situation with your family and can focus on becoming an actress, which I really admire you for. I’m glad that you could feel a strong bond, like the relationships you never had with your mother and father, with the other cast members because I believe it is important for everyone to have a strong support system. Also, I feel really connected to you when you are on the farm, because I love going to my aunt and uncle’s cabin, which is in nearly the same setting as the farm was for rehearsals. Being on the farm and participating in the theatre are two of my favorite things and to have them combined would be amazing! The way you described the farm made me feel like I was right there beside you, “The quality of light…the smell of damp wood and earth in the stable…the sound of the grasses as you walked wetly through them on your way to the farmhouse kitchen” (176). This description made me have a flashback of the countless cool summer mornings I’ve spent on the farm, which is so calming compared to the suburbs! However, I am still wondering if you were truly surprised when your mother came to the farm? Didn’t you expect her to show up, due to the circumstances that she and your father were in? Did you find it troublesome that your mother stood behind your father, even though you knew and she knew that his actions were wrong? Anyways, I am really looking forward to seeing how your role as Thisbe turns out, I hope you break a leg that first performance!
Sincerely, Rachel

No comments: