Tuesday, November 13, 2007

House Lights, Week 1, Post B

Dear Miss Beatrice Fisher-Hart,
I just began reading about your life in the novel “House Lights”! So far I am really enjoying the plot and I can’t wait to finish reading- it’s a real page turner! It’s hard for me to understand why your parents are so against the theatre world, because my family is really involved behind the scenes of productions! Theatre is also a bonding time with my family, because we see multiple shows together each year. Do you know why your parents are so against the theatre business? I think it might be because your mom holds a grudge against your grandmother for practically abandoning her as a child, while your grandmother pursued her theatre career, and quite frankly I would too. But I don’t understand why your father is so against it also, maybe it’s too support your mother’s feelings. Isn’t it hurtful to you that your parents don’t really support your aspirations to become an actress? It’s true they helped you to pursue your dream by letting you postpone college for a year, and encouraging you to follow your dreams since you were a young child, but isn’t it still painful? If I was in your place, I would also turn to my grandmother for support, because my grandmother is always willing to offer her advice and love to anyone. If I was in your place, I would find it really awkward to just go out to a café with my grandmother after only meeting her a few times! But I guess it’s what you needed to do in order to pursue your dreams. I am excited to read the rest of your story and I hope your problems get sorted out (and you become a famous actress!)
Sincerely,
Rachel

No comments: