Monday, November 19, 2007

House Lights, Week 2, Post B

Dear Miss Beatrice Fisher-Hart,
I have really enjoyed reading about the invents in your life up to this point, they are so interesting! Seeing your grandmother on a weekly basis must be a wonderful time for you, since you were deprived of her contact for so long. Do you think your mother was trying to protect you from your grandmother, or was she just trying to protect herself from the pain of not having her around as a mother? Also, the situation concerning your father’s sexual harassment accusations seem like they really bother you. I can’t imagine the emotions and questions running through your head about your father! He seems like such a good and honest man, but could he possibly be leading a double life? Is he really as compassionate and truthful as you have known and believe him to be? If I were you, I would really start to question his actions and my relationship with him. I also find it interesting that you seem to be living through your father and grandmother. I wonder if you are trying to fit in with people who are more prestigious and well known so you can feel accepted, because you don’t have any friends your age except Ezra. Every time you mention your father to someone you mention all of his accomplishments. And each time you speak with someone about your grandma you tell of her great prestige in the theatre world. Do you feel that the only way for you to live is for you to live through them? I hope not, because it’s truly sad if you don’t live your own life. I know this may seem a bit contradictory, but I am truly enjoying your life story!
Sincerely,
Rachel

No comments: