Monday, March 17, 2008

Water for Elephants, Week 6, Post B

Dear Mr. Jacob Jankowski,
Wow, I have read another amazing section of the novel! (I had to force myself to put it down so I could save something to read for next week’s blog.) Once again, your life is filled with many trying times. Yet through your later years, Rosemary is a constant friend and supportive for you. This is an important figure to have in anyone’s life and just goes to show everyone the different ways a person can lend a hand when you need a boost up. She seems like such a sweet lady and reminds me of my grandma’s kindness and generosity, so it really hit home for me there. Also, I find it unthinkable that August could do such a cruel thing to Rosie as putting flicking his cigarette ashes into her mouth. It is disgusting and just proves how horrible and untrustworthy he is! I mean one second he is happy and laughing and the next, he’s being cruel to animals and Marlena. Did you ever find his multiple personalities really frightening? As a reader, the suspense of just what action August is going to have next really adds to the novel. I was also wondering how you felt when Marlena told you to leave the circus? Was it because she didn’t want you getting hurt or that she didn’t want to deal with August abusing her for your continual presence? I am so happy for you and Marlena to have a child together! You two get along great and I’m sure you will raise him with the warmth and love you shower on each other. Were you at all scared what August would think when he found out about you fathering Marlena’s child and not him? I can hardly imagine the emotions running through your head when you heard August was going after Marlena, because your life is in jeopardy as well as hers. I hope that everything turns out for the best in the next few chapters!

Sincerely,
Rachel

No comments: