Sunday, March 23, 2008

Water for Elephants, Week 7, Post B

Dear Mr. Jacob Jankowski,
I just finished reading the novel and I really dislike the ending. It seemed so incomplete to me and left me hanging. It’s cool that you joined another circus at ninety-three years old, but I want to find out what happens at that circus (though I’m doubtful it would be as dramatic as the Benzini Brothers Circus, could anything get more action packed then that?!). Also, why did you decide not to kill August? You were just inches away from seeking your revenge against him, yet you decided not to. It was the perfect time to get back at him for the pain he caused you and Marlena and I feel it would have added more excitement and drama to the novel! I must say, Rosie is an incredible animal. I never realized how smart she could be by killing August with the stake, even though it is morbid thing to do. But why did you not want her to kill him? Did you want to be the one to kill him, or did you want to shelter Marlena from watching death? And the way she protects you and Marlena during the stampede is absolutely amazing! What were you thinking when you told the men that Rosie was your elephant? Were you afraid of them catching you for lying or were your just thinking about her safety? If I was in that situation, I probably would have acted on impulse and claimed her as my own, because the bond you two share was so strong. I am also wondering if you enjoyed the last circus you joined, because you seemed absolutely thrilled when Charlie asked you to go along? I hope the rest of your life is filled with as much excitement as the start of your life!
Sincerely,
Rachel

No comments: